5 Ways to Make Money with Your FitBit (Or Other Activity Tracker)
My hubby surprised me a while back with a fitbit charge! It has quickly become my favorite way to stay motivated. However I just learned so extra ways to earn a little extra money while motivating me to live healthy. Did you know that you could actually get PAID when using your FitBit! WOW WHO KNEW!!!
Check out these 5 EASY ways I have found that you can get paid for using your Fit Bit or other activity tracker!!!
1. Earn $5 from Shop Your Way (every 14 miles walked).
Believe it or not, Shop Your Way will actually give you money for staying healthy. It is simple to get signed up, just follow these steps:
- Visit Shop Your Way Rewards and click the orange BECOME A CLIENT button. (Now, you will be able to get exclusive coupon codes directly from me!!)
- Make sure you own a FitBit (you can buy one directly through Shop Your Way once you are signed up – and will also earn 1,000 points for doing so).
- Next, you need to create an account at FitStudio.com. Just make sure you use the exact same login information you used when creating your Shop Your Way account above!
- Now you can start to earn those points and then redeem your credit at ShopYourWay.com!!
2. Earn Rewards from AchieveMint. (there is a waiting list)
This is a new app I just learned about. You simply sign up to connect your FitBit and get actual real-life rewards!
- Visit AchieveMint and click on Register at the top of the page.
- Enter your information on the first screen.
- Next, you will see a link to connect your AchieveMint account to your FitBit account. Click there and follow the steps.
- You earn points for the activities you complete and when you reach 50,000 points, you will get a $50 Visa Card!!
You don’t have to do anything more than just walk to build up those points!
3. Earn points to donate to charity (or keep them for yourself) through Higi.
This is an interesting app because it will allow you to earn points to redeem towards products, or, if you prefer, make a donation to a charity!
- Visit higi.com and click the green SIGN UP button.
- Fill out the profile information.
- When you get to the screen to connect your device, click on the FitBit link.
- Follow the steps to link your account.
- Once you reach points, you can either cash them in towards discount codes or donate to a charity instead.
4. Earn Walgreen’s Balance Rewards Points.
Another way to earn money is to connect your FitBit to your Walgreen’s Balance Rewards card. It is easy to connect your device and start to earn points for walking!
- Visit Walgreens.com and sign up for a Balance Rewards Account (if you do not already have one).
- Once you have your card, create (or sign into) your account.
- From the main screen, click on Account Home.
- From there, scroll down to find Balance Rewards for Healthy Choices (Steps) and click the blue button EARN POINTS.
- Click through the screens sharing information. Next you can click on connect a Fitness Tracker (so it updates for you automatically).
- Select the type of tracker you are using.
- Next, you will redirect to FitBit’s site and need to ALLOW the app to run (pink button).
- Now, as you walk, you will earn points!
5. Earn money with the Pact App.
Basicallywith the Pact app you make a gym, food tracking and/or veggie pact with yourself and the Pact community. Choose how many times a week you’ll be tracking these activities (or for the veggie Pact, how many servings you will be eating) and – here comes the fun part – how much money you’re willing to stake on your success! If you meet your goals, brilliant: you keep your money and you even earn some. Pact is a fun app that keeps you accountable to working out and eating healthier. 10,000 steps logged with your fitbit every day equals one “workout” and you get paid every week you complete the goal number of workouts you put in!
I have this app linked up with my Fitbit and also My Fitness Pal. It links with both – I make just over a dollar each week for logging 3 workouts (it will also sync with the Map My Fitness app and for every 30 minute run or walk, it’ll Count it as a “workout”). You can set your goal to however many days you want, I just keep mine at 3 in case I miss something. Then I don’t have to pay them, and the Pact app syncs with your PayPal account. Any time you have $10 or more in your Pact (funds go in once a week), you can have it transferred to your PayPal account. Be warned though if you don’t meet you goals for the week you will be paying $5 for each missed goal. This app pushes you to stay faithful to your goals.
- Download the Pact App to your phone
- Setup your account
- Place your goals for either Gym, Logging Food Intake, or Veggie Servings
- Link up your paypal
- Get Moving!!!
What I love about these apps is that most of them will also work with any device you have. This is a great way for you to earn money while staying active!